The 181-foot covered timbered bridge, built in 1877 and restored in 1999, spans the Mississinewa River at Matthews and is the last remaining covered bridge in Grant County. It was swept from its abutments by the great 1913 flood, and floated a quarter mile downstream. It was later returned to its abutments by horses. The bridge is the site of an annual festival on the weekend after Labor Day. Scenic, serene setting for picnics or daydreams.
11160 S 990 E, Upland, IN 46989 Directions