Hog Daze Harley Davidson Rally
Experience Biker Rallies & Scenic Rides in the Home of the Hog
Hog Daze, August
Motorcycle rallies aren’t usually considered a sign of a rich history, but in the case of East Central, Indiana, the Hog Daze Motorcycle Rally celebrates the time and place that a Harley was first called a “hog.” In 1920, “The Hog Boys” team earned their nickname when they celebrated their victory in the 1920 Marion (Indiana) International Motorcycle Race by riding with a pig around the Cornfield Classic track. The hog moniker stuck, and the Hog Boys’ victory lap is now recreated annually at the Home of the Hog Motorcycle Rally and Ride, an Indiana Motorcycle Preservation Society event. This year’s event is August 11-13!
The weekend-long event held in August features:
- Bike Rally along the Mississinewa River in Marion, Indiana.
- Chasing Tail Observation Ride led by a live hog! Departs noon Saturday.
- Amazing Live Bands!
- Hog Roast and great food vendors.
- Ms. Hog Daze Pin Up Girl Fundraiser.
- Field events, motorcycle rodeo, burn out, light & sound contests, and 2 bike shows.
- Swap Meet.
- Church Service Sunday by Christian Motorcyclists Association.
- Family Friendly Event.
If You Go To Hog Daze:
- Event location: In downtown Marion, Indiana along the Mississinewa River. Located 5 miles west of I-69 (exit 264) on State Road 18.
- Event Dates: Held annually during the second weekend in August. This year’s event dates are August 11-13!
- Cost: $10 Weekend Entry.
- Gates Open: Noon Friday, 9am Saturday.
- Lodging: Primitive camping included in entry fee, $25 RV and camper spaces, as well as plenty of rooms in area hotels.
Jonesboro River Rally, September
Downtown Jonesboro, Indiana plays host to the area’s largest motorcycle rally, the annual Jonesboro River Rally. This year’s dates are Sept. 21-24! Hundreds of bikers experience spectacular live entertainment and great food. And because the event is held on James Dean weekend, The Duck Tail Run Car Show is happening at the same time, just across the river in Gas City, Indiana. This is a unique biker rally that all riders are sure to enjoy.
The annual four day September event features:
- Poker run.
- Bike show.
- Live music and DJ.
- Trick riders.
- Light Show
If You Go To Jonesboro River Rally
- Event location: In downtown Jonesboro, Indiana along the Mississinewa River, just west of Gas City, Indiana.
- Event Dates: Held annually in September during James Dean weekend, the last full weekend of the month. This year’s dates are Sept. 21-24!
- Sponsor: Jonesboro’s motorcycle rally is sponsored by Ride & Leather, a local retailer featuring custom motorcycle gear.
Year Round Biker Ride Maps
Even if you’re not attending a Harley Davidson rally, Grant County and East Central Indiana boast scenic ride routes all year long. Experience the harrowing hills of Devil’s Backbone. Ride the original Cornfield Classic track. Those that don’t mind more rustic trails can visit the Mississinewa 1812 site. And when the ride is over, riders can throw back a cold drink or grab a hearty meal at a local restaurant.